Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Kid tales

Kissing and telling

The 5th graders are currently learning a few body parts in class, and to help them practice we played a fun game...The game includes the teacher saying two body parts, and then 2 students combining those two things together...such as 'head, shoulder' would include me putting my head on someones shoulder.

So as we were playing this game, my counterpart yelled out 'mouth, mouth' and the students were absolutely mortified, and did not want to kiss each other...perfectly understandable.  I told my teacher she was being so mean.

The next week, I was playing the same game with the same students by with a different teacher.  When this teacher announced the game we were going to play, all the students yelled, "nooo, we dont want to play that game because the other teacher made us do 'mouth, mouth.'.  They said this as others pretended to spit and wipe their mouths.  I guess cooties are also prevalent throughout Mongolia.

Multiplication

One of the newest Peace Corps Volunteers in Bayankhongor, Raaj, was in the aimag center visiting one day, and she came to my school to help out.  She looks similar to me in that she also has blonde hair.

As we were exiting the school, there were two small second graders walking together.   While looking at us, the one kid very quietly said to his friend, 'There's two of them now!'



No comments:

Post a Comment